Monday, June 18, 2012

Manicure Monday - Water Marble Nails

Hey everybody! It's the first Monday of my summer vacation and I couldn't be happier! I decided to do a very fun, very summery manicure this week. These are water marble nails. It's only my second attempt ever at these nails so they're not perfect, but I like to think that only adds to their charm! It may take a few do-overs, but if you stick with it they will turn out great!





Step 1: Paint on a white basecoat.



Step 2: Choose which fingernail you want to water marble first and put tape on the finger all around the nail.



Step 3: Fill a small paper or plastic cup with lukewarm water. Choose 2 or 3 colors of polish and put drops on the surface of the water. Let one color spread out before adding the next. Using a toothpick or pin, swirl the colors together in whatever pattern you want. Dip in fingernail, keeping it as close to horizontal on the surface of the water as possible. Hold there for a few seconds, until the polish turns into a film on the surface of the water. Remove the film of polish using a toothpick and take finger out. Peel off tape and voila! Water marble nails!



***Please excuse the sound in these videos, I was just watching TV and in the second one my dad was coughing :)***

Step 4: Repeat steps on all nails.


So I hope everyone enjoys trying out these water marble nails! They can be done with so many different color schemes and in so many different patterns so no one's are ever the same! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment