Monday, June 11, 2012

Manicure Monday - Laser Beam/Neon Striped Nails

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a fabulous Monday! I saw a picture of nails like this on the internet and I had to try them! I like to call them laser beam nails because that's what they remind me of. This is another manicure that involves tape - as you can see, it's a staple of many of my manicures!

My Nails:                                                                                                                My Inspiration:
























Step 1: Basecoat using the colors you want the stripes to be, can be one color on all nails, different colors on every nail (like I did), or any other combo of colors


Step 2: Cut very thin strips of tape and put on nail where you want stripes. My tip is to cut a piece of tape about 2 inches long and tape the very end to a table, then cut the thin strips.


Step 3: Paint black overcoat over colored polish and tape.

Step 4: Gently peel off tape. As I said in my last post, don't do it too quickly or the polish will run. Rather, wait a few seconds and blow on the nail a little then peel off the tape.


Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 on each nail and voila!



I hope eveyone has fun trying these nails! I promise, next week I'll do something more complicated than just tape and polish :) And for everyone who has their last week of school this week, congratulations and have a wonderful summer!

2 comments:

  1. This so awesome! I LOVE YOU and your nails

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Charlotte you are too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete