Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cheetah Print Nails

Hi everyone! Today was my last day of school, so I decided to do a fun pedicure to celebrate the start of summer! I did a cheetah print on my big toe and the accent color on all the others.





Step 1: Basecoat - I did white on my big toe and pink on all the others (sorry about the blurry picture)



Step 2: On the big toe, paint random splotches of color. Don't make them too big or they'll run into each other later!



Step 3: Paint on black outline around splotches. You'll want to do this part randomly again so it looks more natural. For example, I fully outlined some splotches, put one line on either side of some splotches, and I added some completely black dots.



*To make the black outlines you can use:*
  • A thin nail polish brush (I had one)
  • A toothpick
  • An old liquid eyeliner brush
  • A thin paintbrush
  • Make a thin brush out of a brush from an old nail polish (you can watch a good tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u14QML1ELU8)

I also wanted to include some pictures of a nautral cheetah color manicure that I did a few weeks ago. For this one I used gold nail polish and a coppery nail polish.


Well I hope everyone has fun trying out these cool cheetah print nails! Send any pictures to nailingitmanicures@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment