Monday, July 16, 2012

Manicure Monday - Argyle Nails

Today's manicure tutorial is for argyle nails. The reason my picture for this week is only one nail is because I ended up liking my nails better without the black. Even though they were no longer truly argyle, I liked them better with just the triangles of color! I think part of the problem was the colors I used - I think the argyle would look better if I had used dark colors for the triangles and white instead of black for the finishing lines. Oh well, at least I ended up with a cool manicure, even if it wasn't what I originally planned!






Step 1: Put tape on the top and bottom half of the nail with the pointy parts of each piece facing together.


Step 2: Paint one color on the nail. Feel free to go right over the tape, but make sure to cover all exposed parts of nail.


Step 3: Let the polish dry for a few seconds, blowing on it a bit and gently peel off the tape.



Step 4: Once this first color is COMPLETELY dry, put tape over it so that it just covers the painted part of the nail.




Step 5: Paint the top and bottom halves using two new colors that compliment the first. Be careful around the area where the two pieces of tape meet, as it is easy to let the colors spill over onto the wrong side.

Step 6: Just like before, let the polish dry for a few seconds and blow on it a bit, then gently peel off the tape.



Step 7: If you want the argyle look, just use a thin brush or toothpick to put on black lines. I did this on one nail, then decided I wanted to leave them without the black lines.


I ended up leaving my nails just like this:
(notice how I switched it up a little on the ring finger)



So there you have it! My vision didn't quite work out the way I thought it would, but I ended up with a pretty cool manicure. Whether you decide to try out the argyle manicure or the almost argyle manicure (like I did), enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment